NATURE OF WORK:
This is a highly professional position representing Rebuilding Together Broward County in our efforts to serve low-income homeowners in our community with critical home repairs.
The Repair Technician is the lead person responsible for completion of repairs for our clients. This position involves working with a variety of populations including seniors, individuals with disabilities, multi-generational families, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, and donors.
Home repairs included a wide range of improvements depending upon the needs of the individual homeowners. However, all homes are provided with a 25-point Health and Safety Assessment and work is prioritized to ensure that the home has the improvements necessary to be deemed a Safe and Healthy Home by Rebuilding Together Broward Standards. The Repair Technician provides these repairs as a partner with Rebuilding Together Broward County. All materials and tools are provided as needed for each repair.
Our team of Home Technicians are all Independent Contractors.
- At least 3 years verifiable construction or handyman experience/familiarity with construction industry
- Demonstrable construction skills, including basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and finish work
- Understanding and commitment to our mission and values in service to low-income homeowners and communities
- Strong customer service mindset and ability to build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, including some in very challenging and vulnerable situations.
- Organizational and project management skills, including significant attention to detail and follow-through, including tracking all related receipts, mileage, and hours worked
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, while being flexible and adaptable
- Transportation required
- Tools a positive
- Must pass a Level 2 background check
Hourly rate $20-$25 dependent upon experience and skill.